Panel Discussion | May 21, 2013
Bryan Fonville, Central National Bank
- Use the chamber as a resource!
- Attending events – Chamber membership is similar to a gym membership; one must be active to receive benefits.
- Plug into chamber’s weekly e-Bulletin
- Advertise in the bulletin, chamber website, Hewitt Express Publication, Visitor’s Guide and Membership Directory
- Follow the chamber on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Referrals – Chamber refers members to other members and residents.
- The chamber assists members with professional development, provides individuals (or businesses) that are new in town with a foundation and opportunity to be successful.
Donny Hunter, The Go Small Biz Guy
- Arrive to events early! Catch the crowd before they establish their groups for the evening.
- Repeat names as you meet
- Make eye contact, be natural
- Think “happy thoughts” when preparing for a networking event – this will help ease any discomfort
- Be pleasant and positive – do not attend functions and vent about negative events
- Question others about their business
- If you come across someone that doesn’t want to visit – that’s perfectly fine! Just move on
- Don’t SELL your business – Give before you get
- Follow-up and reference the conversation. It takes 9 impressions before some make a decision
Bryan Hardin, Pinnacle Protection
- One-on-one relationships are important for your business and clients – What do they do?
- Spend time learning about their family and what they need
- Learn what type of clients are they looking for?
- What objectives go into deciding if someone you know is a great referral for this person
- Establish eye contact and give undivided attention
De Smith, First Greater Hewitt Chamber Executive Director, retired
- Networking is all about getting out of your comfort zone; teaches you to build an internal database that helps you find solutions to any situation
- The Hewitt Public Library was established by the Greater Hewitt Chamber for Summer Reading Programs
- Warren Park was designed and initially developed by the Hewitt Chamber on land donated by the Warren Family
- Stick together, support each other’s businesses. This chamber has come a long way!